Strawberry Sour Cream Scones
1 1/2 c. all purpose flour
2/3 c. whole wheat flour
1/3 c. packed brown sugar
2 T. granulated sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
2/3 c. reduced fat sour cream
3 T. melted butter
1 egg white
2 T. lemon zest
1/2 walnuts, chopped
1 c. strawberries, chopped
Reynold's Parchment Paper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with Reynold's parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
2. Blend all dry ingredients in a large until well combined.
3.In a small bowl, whisk together sour cream, butter, egg white, and lemon zest. Pour into dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
4.Fold in nuts and berries. Pour onto a floured board.
5. Knead with floured hands 8-10 times, adding a bit of flour if needed Split dough in half.
6. Shape dough into 2 flat circles, 1/2 inch thick on baking sheet. Using a floured knife, cut into 6 triangles, but do not seperate. Sprinkle with a bit og sugar.
7. Bake 15 minutes, or until browned on top.
Pairs Well With
These scones are a bit healthier than your usual scones, as they don't call for all of the butter. They are more cakey, though, so if you like a crumbly traditional scone, this isn't the recipe for you! They are very flavorful, and to me the reduced fat is way worth the texture change!
Based on a recipe from Cooking Light with modifications