- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire
- sauce 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 10 ounces fresh spinach -
- rinsed, dried and torn into bite-
- size pieces
- 1 quart strawberries - cleaned,
- hulled and sliced
- 1/4 cup almonds, blanched and
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sesame seeds, poppy seeds, sugar, olive oil, vinegar, paprika, Worcestershire sauce and onion. Cover, and chill for one hour.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the spinach, strawberries and almonds. Pour dressing over salad, and toss. Refrigerate 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
- I made this last night and it was really good. I used regular white vinegar as that is all I had on hand!
- I also added some green grapes and a handful of raspberries.
- From all recipes
NotesThe dressing in this spinach and strawberry salad is fabulous. It begins with vinegar and olive oil and goes on from there with sugar, bits of onion, Worcestershire, sesame seeds, paprika, and poppy seeds. It 's chilled before serving so all of the flavors mingle nicely."
Cole Family Cookbook 2015
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern CreationsSee More
Italian Sausage and Mushroom Ravioli
Chicken Tacos with Green Chili Adobo
Fish Cakes (Thai) with Herd & Peanut SaladSee More