- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire
- sauce 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 10 ounces fresh spinach -
- rinsed, dried and torn into bite-
- size pieces
- 1 quart strawberries - cleaned,
- hulled and sliced
- 1/4 cup almonds, blanched and
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sesame seeds, poppy seeds, sugar, olive oil, vinegar, paprika, Worcestershire sauce and onion. Cover, and chill for one hour.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the spinach, strawberries and almonds. Pour dressing over salad, and toss. Refrigerate 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
- I made this last night and it was really good. I used regular white vinegar as that is all I had on hand!
- I also added some green grapes and a handful of raspberries.
- From all recipes
NotesThe dressing in this spinach and strawberry salad is fabulous. It begins with vinegar and olive oil and goes on from there with sugar, bits of onion, Worcestershire, sesame seeds, paprika, and poppy seeds. It 's chilled before serving so all of the flavors mingle nicely."
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
Jean’s Recipe FileSee More
Steamed trout with ginger and spring onions
Buttery Pull-Apart Bread
Ham & Cheese Roll UpsSee More