STRAWBERRY SPINACH SALAD
Strawberry Spinach Salad
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire
- sauce 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 10 ounces fresh spinach -
- rinsed, dried and torn into bite-
- size pieces
- 1 quart strawberries - cleaned,
- hulled and sliced
- 1/4 cup almonds, blanched and
In a medium bowl, whisk together the sesame seeds, poppy seeds, sugar, olive oil, vinegar, paprika, Worcestershire sauce and onion. Cover, and chill for one hour.
2. In a large bowl, combine the spinach, strawberries and almonds. Pour dressing over salad, and toss. Refrigerate 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
I made this last night and it was really good. I used regular white vinegar as that is all I had on hand!
I also added some green grapes and a handful of raspberries.
From all recipes