- Cooking Time: 30 + cooling
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 60
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 table spoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup pureed fresh strawberries, divided
- 8-10 drops red food coloring, optional
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar and lemon peel; cut in butter until crumbly. Pat dough onto the bottom and 1-in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. sprung for pan. Place on a balking sheet. Bake at 325 F. for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, flour and cream until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Beat in lemon juice and vanilla just until blended. Pour 2-1/2 cups batter into a bowl; set aside.
- Stir 3/4 cup pureed strawberries and food coloring if desired into remaining batter. Pour into crust. Place pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 16-in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan. Place in a large baking pan. Add 1-in. of hot water to larger pan. Bake for 35 minutes.
- Carefully pour reserved batter over bottom layer. Spoon remaining pureed strawberries over batter. Carefully cut through top layer only with a knife to swirl. Bake 40-50 minutes longer or until center is almost set. Remove pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Yield: 12 servings.
- See more recipes at: www.havefunbaking.com
- And also: www.lovetobakeandcook.blogspot.com
NotesThis great looking cheesecake has two creamy layers one strawberry and one vanilla. It taste as good as it looks. To avoid cracking, run the knife just trough the very top when swirling the strawberry puree.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More