- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons coffee-flavored liqueur
- 18 ladyfingers
- 1/3 cup chilled espresso
- 1/2 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- *Cut off the tops of the strawberries and slice the berries. Reserve 2 large whole berries for garnish.
- *In a blender, place 2 cups of strawberries and 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar; blend to puree and set aside.
- *In a medium bowl, combine mascarpone cheese, 1/4 cup cream, 1/4 cup sugar, and liqueur; beat with an electric mixer on medium-high speed for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes until thickened.
- *Place 6 ladyfingers on a serving plate and brush each with approximately 1 teaspoon cold espresso coffee.
- *Spread or pipe out 1/2 of the cheese mixture over the ladyfingers, and layer with half of the sliced strawberries.
- *Repeat with the next 6 ladyfingers, espresso, remaining cheese mixture, and sliced strawberries; top with remaining 6 ladyfingers.
- *In a small mixing bowl, combine 1/4 cup heavy cream with 2 tablespoons sugar; beat with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until just whipped, approximately 1 minute. Spread cream evenly over top layer of ladyfingers.
- *Dust cocoa over whipped cream, and garnish with 2 reserved strawberries. Pour strawberry puree onto two serving plates. Cut tiramisu in half, and place onto puree.
Notes"Tiramisu is Italian for 'pick me up'. This light, roll your eyes, taste bud tantalizer has become a traditional wedding anniversary dessert treat that I've been making for my husband and me for 17 years. You might call it a happy hubby dessert! This is my easy version of a classic with the elimination of raw eggs and a wonderful fresh strawberry layer and puree base. It's delicioso! It is made to accommodate two extra large portions." From AllRecipes.com