- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 100
- Preparation Time: 10
- 400g hulled strawberries
- 600ml white wine vinegar
- 120g caster sugar
- Quarter the strawberries and mix them with the sugar and vinegar in a non-reactive (glass or porcelain) container.
- Shake well to dissolve the sugar and leave, covered, for 24 hours.
- Remove the strawberries then strain through a coffee filter into a swing top glass bottle.
- The vinegar will keep well for several months in a cool, dark cupboard or in the fridge.
- To use it, whisk 1 part of the vinegar with 2 parts olive oil, or a lighter oil such as grapeseed for a brighter colour. Serve on salads – it’s particularly delicious with tomato.
NotesStrawberry vinegar is quick and simple to make, and it looks pretty in the bottle so makes a fantastic present. Guaranteed to make your salad dressing taste of summer!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More