- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 package cream cheese (8 oz softened)
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup crushed vanilla wafers (about 40)
- 1/4 cup strawberry preserves
- 1 bag milk chocolate candy coating (Wilton or Merckens 1 lb bag)
- 2 squares white baking chocolate (1 ounce each)
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until fluffy.
- Beat in melted chocolate chips.
- With large spoon, stir in wafer crumbs and preserves.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Take half of mixture from refrigerator and shape into 1 inch balls.
- It's best to work in sections so that the mixture does not get to warm and soft.
- Place balls on parchment or waxed paper lined pan and refrigerate.
- Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Melt the candy coating but be sure to not get it too hot as it will melt the candy balls.
- If you feel it is too hot - allow it to cool before proceeding.
- Dip the balls in the melted chocolate and place on lined baking sheet.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Melt the white chocolate and stir until smooth. Using either a resealable bag or a disposable piping bag, cut a small hole in the corner.
- Drizzle the white chocolate over the candies.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- ** You can use any color chocolate you want for the dipping or the drizzle.
- Personally, I feel the milk chocolate wafers give it the best taste.
- ** I do not recommend shipping these to friends. I learned the hard way that if they do get too warm the flavor becomes bitter.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Food Travels Through Italy
Second Grade Holiday CookbookSee More
Julia Child's Supremes de Volaille Archiduc
Chicken MoleSee More