- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 c a-p flour
- 1 T sugar
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/2 c butter, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 3 T ice water
- 2 lbs firm, ripe pears (about 5)
- 9 T sugar
- 2 T orange juice
- pinch of salt
- 2 1/4 c frozen blueberries
- 6 T a-p flour
- Steusel Topping:
- 1 c a-p flour
- 1/2 brown sugar
- 1/2 c walnuts
- 1/2 c butter
- 1/4 t salt
- Crust: Blend flour, sugar, and salt in processor. Add butter; using on/off turns, cut in until mix resembles coarse meal. Add 3 T water and process until moist clumps form, adding more ice water by teaspoonfuls if dough is dry. Gather dough into ball; flatten into disk. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate 30 min.
- Roll out dough on lightly floured surface to 12" round. Transfer to 9" diameter glass pie dish. Fold edges under, forming high-standing rim 3/4" above dish sides; crimp edges decoratively. Freeze crust 25 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Bake crust until light golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- Cool while preparing filling. Maintain oven temp.
- Filling: Combine pears, 3 T sugar, orange juice, and salt in L nonstick skillet.
- Cook over med heat until pears are tender but still hold shape, stirring often about 6 minutes.
- Transfer pear mix to L bowl; cool to room temp. Add blueberries, flour, and remaining 6 T sugar to pears; toss gently to combine.
- Transfer filling to pie crust, mounding slightly in center.
- Sprinkle with Walnut Streusel Topping.
- Bake pie until filling is bubbling thickly, fruit is tender, and streusel topping is golden brow, about 1 hour 5 minutes.
- Cool pie on rack until lukewarm. Cut pie into wedges and serve.
- To Make Topping:
- Using on/off turns, blend all ingredients in processor until coarse crumbs form: 1 c a-p flour, 1/2 brown sugar, 1/2 c walnuts, 1/2 c butter, 1/4 t salt.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Cooking for a CureSee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More