- Cooking Time: 10-13
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 5-10
- 1 Lb. ground beef
- 1 C. sour cream
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- butter softened
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into rings
- 1/4 C. chopped green onion
- 1 tsp. worcestershire sauce
- 1 loaf french bread - whole
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 C. shredded sharp cheddar
- In skillet cook meat and onion together till meat is browned, drain.
- Stir in sour cream, worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and 3/4 tsp. salt.
- Heat through, but do not boil!
- Meanwhile, cut bread in half lengthwise.
- Place bread halves, cut side up on baking sheet.
- Spread lightly with softened butter.
- Broil 4-5" from heat for 2-3 min. or till toasted.
- Spread the hot meat mixture on the toasted bread.
- Halve the tomatoe slices and green pepper rings.
- Arrange tomatoe and pepper alternately atop meat mixture.
- Broil for 5 min.
- Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Broil about 2 min. longer.
- Slice to serve.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Baked Spaghetti Casserole
Award - Winning Tortilla SoupSee More