- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cups thinly sliced round steak, thick cut
- 2 T. olive oil
- 2 T. butter
- 1 cup thinly sliced and coarsely chopped onion
- 1 ½ cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 ½ T flour
- 1 t. Salt
- Dash of nutmeg
- 2 c. sour cream
- Heat oil and butter in a skillet; add onions and mushrooms and sauté at low heat until soft.
- Add meat and continue browning all until meat is browned on all sides (may need to add additional oil and butter depending on amount of meat).
- Add the stock (I used more because of the amount meat I was using, so you may have to use your judgment on this) and continue until the meat is tender, about 1 to 1 ½ hours.
- Mix the flour and seasonings with the sour cream and add to mixture in skillet.
- Cook slowly until thick, but do not boil.
- Remove from direct heat and keep warm over hot water.
- Meanwhile, boil water for noodles of any thickness and length until al dente; drain and season them with butter and chopped parsley.
- Can serve stroganoff separately from the noodles or mix both and serve warm.
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Special SmoothiesSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More