- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cups thinly sliced round steak, thick cut
- 2 T. olive oil
- 2 T. butter
- 1 cup thinly sliced and coarsely chopped onion
- 1 ½ cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 ½ T flour
- 1 t. Salt
- Dash of nutmeg
- 2 c. sour cream
- Heat oil and butter in a skillet; add onions and mushrooms and sauté at low heat until soft.
- Add meat and continue browning all until meat is browned on all sides (may need to add additional oil and butter depending on amount of meat).
- Add the stock (I used more because of the amount meat I was using, so you may have to use your judgment on this) and continue until the meat is tender, about 1 to 1 ½ hours.
- Mix the flour and seasonings with the sour cream and add to mixture in skillet.
- Cook slowly until thick, but do not boil.
- Remove from direct heat and keep warm over hot water.
- Meanwhile, boil water for noodles of any thickness and length until al dente; drain and season them with butter and chopped parsley.
- Can serve stroganoff separately from the noodles or mix both and serve warm.