- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- baking potatoes, about 7 oz. each
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 1 lb boneless chuck steak, cut into 1/4 inch thick strips
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, optional, for color only
- Toward the end of the cooking time bake the potatoes in the microwave otherwise bake in over at 425 degrees for about 40 minutes.
- Dissolve bouillon in 1/2 cup water; set aside.
- In nonstick skillet heat oil over high heat.
- Add beef; cook, stirring, until browned about 5 minutes.
- Add next 4 ingredients, cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened about 3 minutes.
- Add bouillon mixture; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cover.
- Simmer until meat is very tender, about 30 minutes.
- Stir together flour and 1 Tablespoon water, set aside.
- Stir sour cream into beef mixture.
- Stir in flour mixture; cook until thickened, 1-2 minutes.
- Spilt baked potatoes lengthwise, fluff with fork.
- Top with beef mixture and parsley.
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Playdough using cream of tartar
Frozen Lemonade Pie
Jams and MarmaladesSee More