- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 loaves of frozen bread dough, thawed -- (allow to rise per pkg instructions)
- Olive Oil
- 1/4 lb sharp cheddar slices (shredded works fine too)
- 1/2 lb sliced ham slices (I have also used smoked)1/2 lb hard salami slices
- 1 cup grated monterey jack (shredded works fine too) -- can use mozzarella for part of this if you like
- green peppers, mushrooms and onions finely chopped and sautéed in 1 Tablespoon butter
- Roll out each loaf of dough into a large rectangle (10 x 15).
- Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with oregano. Lay cheese (cheese first!!) and meat slices on the dough then sprinkle sautéed vegetables over cheese and meat.
- Roll up like a jelly roll and pinch to seal ends.
- Brush top with additional olive oil before baking.
- Bake according to directions on bread package.
- Slice and serve (you can line cookie sheet with foil for easy clean up), I always set the dial just a tiny bit (I "say" one degree LOL) under the actual temperature called for on the package to prevent the bottom from burning, but that may just be my oven.
- **We have made these with MANY variations on the meat/cheese/veggie combinations and they always turn out great!!
- You must SAVE this recipe
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Screen-to-Table Cookbook: Food in Film
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
SPOOKY HALLOWEEN TREE
Slow Cooker Beans
Sugar-Free Blackberry White Chocolate Ice CreamSee More