- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryGood for your imagination….Fast, Easy, Great taste…
Roll the dough to fit a cookie sheet
Top with filling
Roll it up
Vent the top
Ham and Swiss Stromboli
This one was accepted by Quick cooking and is also on allrecipes.
Neither printed it in it’s entirety.
"This pretty swirled sandwich loaf from (Qui) of Gainesville, Florida is fast, easy and versatile.
'Fill it with anything your family likes,' she suggests. 'Try sliced pepperoni and provolone cheese, or anchovies and ripe olives if you're feeling adventurous.'"
What was left out? Additional filling suggestions. For pasta dishes or chinese, just green onions, minced. OR parmesan and white pepper…OR try cooked and well drained sausage, mushrooms and onions - OR your favorite sausage and pepper recipe leftovers, just thinly slice the sausage, add back to peppers, heat and drain well…OR pepperoni and...the fillings are endless….
The French loaf dough is actually a thin flat sheet of bread dough that has been rolled up…just find the end and unroll it. You’ll have a flat sheet about the size of your cookie sheet. And…if you like a soft crust (I do on these) - as soon as it comes out of the oven, brush it all over, top and bottom, with melted butter…AND…lastly, instead of the pre-packaged dough, you can use your own, or store bought pizza or bread dough - just roll it to fit a cookie sheet - about 1/4"-1/3" thick.
- 1 (11 ounce) package refrigerated crusty French loaf dough
- 6 ounces thinly sliced deli ham
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- Unroll dough on a greased baking sheet.
- Place ham over dough to within 1/2 in. of the top long edge; sprinkle evenly with onions, bacon and cheese.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with the bottom long edge.
- Place seam side down on baking sheet.
- With a sharp knife or kitchen scissors, cut several 1/4-in.-deep diagonal slits on top of loaf.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 26-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool slightly before slicing.
- Serve hot, warm or cold.