- Cooking Time: 15 mins.
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 5 mins
- 400 g strozzapreti pasta
- 8 slices of speck or prosciutto
- 10-12 leaves of red radicchio
- 200 g Brie cheese
- 1 onion
- 2-3 tablespoons of Extra virgin olive oil
- Cut the radicchio into thin stripes and let it soak in cold water.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, add salt and pasta. The cooking time for the pasta I used 12-15 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking, chop finely the onion and saute on low heat with the oil, add the speck (or prosciutto) cut into stripes, add a tablespoon of water from pasta and cook for a few minutes until soft.
- Add the drained radicchio, stirfry, and in the end add the chopped Brie cheese. Cook on low until the cheese has melted, adding a tablespoon of water (from pasta) every now and then.
- When the pasta is almost al dente drain it, saving some water apart.
- Toss the pasta with the radicchio, cheese and speck, add a little water at a time and cook until the pasta is al dente.
- Serve with with more fresh radicchio cut into stripes and shaved Parmigiano cheese. (I even sneaked a few drops of Balsamic vinegar on top)
NotesTo my dear DD, from Modena with love...