- Cooking Time: 15 mins.
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 5 mins
- 400 g strozzapreti pasta
- 8 slices of speck or prosciutto
- 10-12 leaves of red radicchio
- 200 g Brie cheese
- 1 onion
- 2-3 tablespoons of Extra virgin olive oil
- Cut the radicchio into thin stripes and let it soak in cold water.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, add salt and pasta. The cooking time for the pasta I used 12-15 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking, chop finely the onion and saute on low heat with the oil, add the speck (or prosciutto) cut into stripes, add a tablespoon of water from pasta and cook for a few minutes until soft.
- Add the drained radicchio, stirfry, and in the end add the chopped Brie cheese. Cook on low until the cheese has melted, adding a tablespoon of water (from pasta) every now and then.
- When the pasta is almost al dente drain it, saving some water apart.
- Toss the pasta with the radicchio, cheese and speck, add a little water at a time and cook until the pasta is al dente.
- Serve with with more fresh radicchio cut into stripes and shaved Parmigiano cheese. (I even sneaked a few drops of Balsamic vinegar on top)
NotesTo my dear DD, from Modena with love...
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!See More
Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie
Cheesy Stuffed Baked Ziti
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLESee More