- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 5 small, firm scalloped squash
- 1/2 green capsicum/bell pepper, roasted, skinned and diced
- Kernels from 1 ear of cooked corn
- 1 spicy Italian-seasoned sausage, deskinned
- 1/2 cup grated tasty cheese (go for something quite sharp in flavour)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and boil the squash till they are firm but the flesh is easily pierced with a knife (approx 15 minutes).
- 2. Allow to slightly cool, then cut off the tops and scoop out and discard the seeds. Scoop out the flesh, and put into a bowl. Add the capsicum, corn kernels and sausage to bowl and mix together, shredding the sausage meat with your hands.
- 3. Add the sausage mix to a preheated frying pan and cook till the sausage is done, then remove from the pan and stir in the cheese, salt and pepper. Stuff the hollowed squash with this filling, then place them into cupcake liners (to keep them upright) in a muffin tray, then bake for about 20-25 minutes, or till the squash are tender and golden brown.
- 4. Serve warm as finger food or with a salad or pasta for a meal.
NotesThe scalloped squash is one a lesser known member of the squash family, but it tastes delightful and it's adorable appearance make it a delight to serve up!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!See More
Sweet Potato Pizza Dough
Grilled Summer Veggie Pizza
Zesty Italian ChickenSee More