- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 large Golden Delicious or Gala apples
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups apple cider
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup merlot
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Granola Topping
- Caramel Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cut 1/8 inch from tops of apples. Using a melon baller, remove core, cutting to but not through bottom of apple. Hollow out apple, leaving a 1/4-inch-thick shell, reserving apple flesh for filling.
- Place apples in a 9-inch baking dish, and fill apple shells with cider.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until apples are slightly tender.
- Drain, dicarding cider.
- In a small saucepan, combine apple flesh, butter, brown sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Cook, over medium-high heat, about 5 minutes, or until apple flesh is tender.
- In a small skillet, combine cherries, merlot, and sugar.
- Cook over medium heat, 3 to 4 minutes, or until wine is absorbed.
- Add cherry mixture to apple mixture, stirring to combine.
- Stir in graham cracker crumbs and almonds.
- Spoon filling inside prepared apples.
- Sprinkle with Granola Topping, and serve with Caramel Sauce.
NotesSource: Paula Deen magazine
Cook With The Twinz - Juice & Smoothies Volume One
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie TreatsSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More