- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Acorn Squash
- 2 tblspns butter, divided
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup walnuts, divided
- 1 tblspn cranberries or craisins, divided
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, divided
- Slice the acorn squash in half, longwise, and clean out the seeds.
- Place the two halves face down on a cookie sheet. Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees
- Remove the squash halves and liberally coat each one's cavity with the butter. Fill the cavities with the cottage cheese, walnuts, cranberries, brown sugar and anything else you have around that you think would taste good.
- Place the two stuffed squash halves face up on the cookie sheet and bake for an additional 15 minutes at 350 degrees
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Curried Wheat Bread
Chicken Fried Steak (TNT)
BRIE AND PROSCIUTTO FILLED CHILE RELLENOS ON A BED OF FIGS AND ARUGULASee More