- Cooking Time: 20-25 min.
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 45 min.
- 6 medium bell peppers
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 med onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 can Rotel tomatoes, chopped
- 1 lb smoked sausage, ( remove meat from casing )
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 3 strips cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
- Brown ground beef and then drain.
- Return grond beef to pan and add sausage,onions,garlic, celery and dry seasonings and saute in vegetable oil.
- Add tomatoes and bacon and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add green onions and rice.
- Simmer 2 minutes.
- Remove tops and seeds from bell peppers and boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from water and drain.
- Stuff bell peppers with mixture.
- Sprinkle tops of peppers with bread crumbs and cheese.
- Dot with butter.
- Place in 350 degree preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
NotesOne variation of our families recipe for stuffed bell peppers. Excellent main course choice.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Babette's Test Kitchen
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Raw “Vodka Sauce”
Memere's Chocolate Chip CookiesSee More