- Cooking Time: 10 to 15 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: .5 hour
BackstoryMy Dad used to make all kinds of different stuffed burgers on the grill. My daughter and I decided to get creative one day and came up with this recipe. It's still a family favorite.
Submitted by: "Tess Bentayou"
- 1 lb. Ground Meat
- 1T Fresh Garlic
- 1T Salt
- 1T Black Pepper
- 1 t. Cayenne Pepper or any red pepper
- 1 t. Basil
- ½ t. Ground Cumin
- 1 t. Ground Cilantro – or fresh cilantro to taste
- Directions for Patties:
- Make very large, very thin patties – easiest if you press them between two pieces of wax paper. Set aside.
- Directions for Filling:
- 1 Cup Grated Cheddar Cheese – or Mexican Melting Cheese
- 1 Cup finely Chopped Onion
- 1 cup Refried Beans
- Jalapeño finely chopped – as much as you like. I only use about ¼ of one.
- On only one side of patty, spread a thin coating of refried beans, add cheddar cheese, onions and jalapeños - up to about ½ inch from edge of patty – fold in half. Pinch all the edges together. Grill and serve on a four tortilla with lettuce and tomatoes. Taco sauce, Guacamole and Sour Cream optional.
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Forever FOMO Cures: Photo & Cookbook from your Israeli FamilySee More
Smooth Sweet Tea
Bacon Pecan Crumble Chocolate CakeSee More