STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST FLORENTINE
- Servings: 4
- 9oz package of fresh, baby spinach
- 4oz feta cheese
- Clove of garlic
- 4 large, boneless chicken breasts
- Olive oil
- salt and pepper
1. Mince garlic and chop spinach. Saute spinach and garlic in a large skillet until wilted. Remove from pan and put in a bowl. Add feta cheese and toss well. Wipe out pan with paper towel.
2. Remove any unwanted parts from the chicken breasts (fat, gristle, etc.). Using a sharp knife, slice a pocket into each breast as if trying to butterfly it. But, do not cut all the way through.
3. Spoon the spinach mixture into each breast until it is full and secure it closed with a toothpick.
4. Generously coat the bottom of the skillet with olive oil. Place stuffed breasts in pan and brown on each side at med-high temperature. Cover skillet and continue cooking breasts for another ten minutes on med-low heat.
5. Remove tooth picks and serve with whatever side dish you please. (I highly recommend cauliflower "mashed potatoes".)
Website Credit: http://community.atkins.com/discussions/viewTopic.jsp?topicId=3158484&order=Recently%20Updated&flags=&posterId=&forum=All&messageBoardId=1198&page=1