- Cooking Time: 75
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20
- 4 bone-in chicken breasts (1 1/4 lb)
- 1/2 cup shredded smoked Gouda or Swiss cheese (2 oz)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 package (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed to drain
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine, melted
- Heat oven to 375°F. Grease 9-inch square pan. Remove bones from chicken breasts. Do not remove skin. Loosen skin from chicken breasts.
- In medium bowl, mix cheese, nutmeg and spinach until well blended. Spread one-fourth of mixture evenly between meat and skin of each chicken breast. Smooth skin over breasts, tucking under loose areas. Place chicken, skin sides up, in pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; drizzle with butter.
- Bake uncovered 45 to 55 minutes or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°F).
NotesStuffing chicken breasts is a beautiful way to dress up chicken. Not only do the stuffings add color, they are delicious as well!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Italian Exchange
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More