- Cooking Time: 75
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20
- 4 bone-in chicken breasts (1 1/4 lb)
- 1/2 cup shredded smoked Gouda or Swiss cheese (2 oz)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 package (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed to drain
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine, melted
- Heat oven to 375°F. Grease 9-inch square pan. Remove bones from chicken breasts. Do not remove skin. Loosen skin from chicken breasts.
- In medium bowl, mix cheese, nutmeg and spinach until well blended. Spread one-fourth of mixture evenly between meat and skin of each chicken breast. Smooth skin over breasts, tucking under loose areas. Place chicken, skin sides up, in pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; drizzle with butter.
- Bake uncovered 45 to 55 minutes or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°F).
NotesStuffing chicken breasts is a beautiful way to dress up chicken. Not only do the stuffings add color, they are delicious as well!
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
Angel Acres Soup & Chili CookbookSee More
Susan's Spicy Mac And Cheese Ala Karl: Desperate Housewives
Soggy Saturday Wings by C.C. Chapman
Recipe in a Jar by Kodak Easy ShareSee More