STUFFED CHICKEN BREASTS
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (15 ounce) container part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package chopped frozen spinach, drained
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 (16 ounce) jar sugar-free spaghetti sauce
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2 Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper to taste.
Slit open on the side for stuffing; set aside.
3 In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta, spinach, garlic, eggs and 3/4 of the cheese. Mix well and stuff each breast with 1/4 of the mixture; secure with toothpicks and place
stuffed breasts in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
Pour sauce over all and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
4 Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 to 60 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.