- Cooking Time: 35
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 small slices of prosciutto or smoked ham (I cut large slices of prosciutto in half)
- 2 ounces of fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 4 slices (I used more cheese)
- 8 basil leaves, plus 1/4 cup thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Cut each chicken breast in half crosswise to make 4 portions.
- Cut a slit into the sides of each portion.
- Insert a slice of prosciutto, a slice of cheese and 2 whole basil leaves into each slit.
- Secure well with a toothpick.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until hot; add the chicken.
- Reduce heat to medium; cook, turning once, until chicken is browned, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to a baking pan.
- Bake until chicken is cooked through, about 15-18 minutes.
- Transfer to a platter.
- Meanwhile, heat the broth, mustard and garlic to a boil in the same skillet over high heat; cook until slightly thickened, 5 minutes.
- Stir in sliced basil; pour over chicken.
NotesI personally didn't use the sauce but Jason and my Mom really liked the chicken with the sauce. It was very good and also reheated well.