- Cooking Time: 35
- Servings: 2
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 small slices of prosciutto or smoked ham (I cut large slices of prosciutto in half)
- 2 ounces of fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 4 slices (I used more cheese)
- 8 basil leaves, plus 1/4 cup thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
Heat oven to 350°.
Cut each chicken breast in half crosswise to make 4 portions.
Cut a slit into the sides of each portion.
Insert a slice of prosciutto, a slice of cheese and 2 whole basil leaves into each slit.
Secure well with a toothpick.
Heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until hot; add the chicken.
Reduce heat to medium; cook, turning once, until chicken is browned, about 3 minutes per side.
Transfer chicken to a baking pan.
Bake until chicken is cooked through, about 15-18 minutes.
Transfer to a platter.
Meanwhile, heat the broth, mustard and garlic to a boil in the same skillet over high heat; cook until slightly thickened, 5 minutes.
Stir in sliced basil; pour over chicken.