- Cooking Time: 35
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 small slices of prosciutto or smoked ham (I cut large slices of prosciutto in half)
- 2 ounces of fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 4 slices (I used more cheese)
- 8 basil leaves, plus 1/4 cup thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Cut each chicken breast in half crosswise to make 4 portions.
- Cut a slit into the sides of each portion.
- Insert a slice of prosciutto, a slice of cheese and 2 whole basil leaves into each slit.
- Secure well with a toothpick.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until hot; add the chicken.
- Reduce heat to medium; cook, turning once, until chicken is browned, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to a baking pan.
- Bake until chicken is cooked through, about 15-18 minutes.
- Transfer to a platter.
- Meanwhile, heat the broth, mustard and garlic to a boil in the same skillet over high heat; cook until slightly thickened, 5 minutes.
- Stir in sliced basil; pour over chicken.
NotesI personally didn't use the sauce but Jason and my Mom really liked the chicken with the sauce. It was very good and also reheated well.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More