- Cooking Time: 30
- Preparation Time:
- 2 pkgs. Mexican cornbread mix
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 c. grated cheese (your choice of flavors)
- 1 can cream style corn
- 1 pkg. beefy onion soup mix
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare iron skillet as you would for regular
- cornbread. Brown ground beef, onions and bell peppers then drain. Mix dry soup mix and corn and add to meat mixture. Mix cornbread mix according to package directions. Pour 1/2 of the cornbread mixture into a cast iron skillet; add the ground beef mixture and top with cheese (as much as you like). Add remaining cornbread mixture and bake for 30 minutes or until done.
NotesI am the queen of quick and easy, especially if I can get an entire meal into one bowl. This is a prime example of just that. My family is addicted to stuffed cornbread because you can change the flavors around in so many ways. Just substitue almost any of the flavors for things your family will eat and voila!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern CreationsSee More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More