- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano Reggiano, freshly grated
- 2 large eggplants
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 4 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4 in pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 can tomatoes, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1 tbsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut eggplants in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the flesh with a spoon, leaving 1/8-inch-thick shells, and reserve shells.
- Cut flesh into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Slice the onions.
- Carefully add the eggplants, onions, and garlic to the hot oil.
- When the eggplants are soft, add zucchini and tomatoes.
- When zucchini begins to soften, stir in the herbs and simmer for 1 minute.
- Remove the pan from heat and add 1/3 cup of the cheese, salt and pepper.
- Stuff the eggplant shells with filling and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until the top is beginning to brown and the shells are done.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
NFPG Recipe Collection
Short & SweetSee More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More