- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 19 fresh ripe small figs (about 1 & 1/4 lbs)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup almonds, toasted and chopped
- On plate, with a fork, mash the ripest fig w/ honey; set aside.
- With a sharp knife, trim stems from remaining figs, then cut a deep X in the top of each, making sure not to cut all the way through to the bottom. With fingertips, gently spread each fig apart to make "petals".
- In small bowl, combine ricotta and almonds. With back of spoon, press mashed fig and honey mixture through a sieve into 1 cup measure.
- To serve, spoon ricotta mixture into figs, Arrange figs on platter. Drizzle with fig honey.
NotesThis makes an impressive looking and unique but extremely easy to prepare appetizer for holiday parties.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
My Family Cookbook
Simple Homemade FavoritesSee More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More