- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 19 fresh ripe small figs (about 1 & 1/4 lbs)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup almonds, toasted and chopped
- On plate, with a fork, mash the ripest fig w/ honey; set aside.
- With a sharp knife, trim stems from remaining figs, then cut a deep X in the top of each, making sure not to cut all the way through to the bottom. With fingertips, gently spread each fig apart to make "petals".
- In small bowl, combine ricotta and almonds. With back of spoon, press mashed fig and honey mixture through a sieve into 1 cup measure.
- To serve, spoon ricotta mixture into figs, Arrange figs on platter. Drizzle with fig honey.
NotesThis makes an impressive looking and unique but extremely easy to prepare appetizer for holiday parties.