- Cooking Time: 2-4 minutes
- Servings: 10 sandwiches
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 16 large eggs, divided
- 1 (1 pound) package bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 3oz package cream cheese, softened
- 20 slices texas toast
- 1/4 cup butter
- In a large bowl, lightly beat 10 eggs.
- Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray, heat over medium-high heat.
- add eggs, and cook until firm but not dry, stirring occasionally.
- remove from heat, stir in bacon and cheese.
- spoon egg mixture evenly over half of texas toast.
- top with remaining texas toast, pressing gently to seal.
- in a shallow dish, lightly beat remaining 6 eggs, dip sandwiches into egg mixture, coating both sides.
- in a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- cook sandwiches for 1-2 minutes per side, or until lightly browned.
- cut sandwiches into triangles to serve.
NotesOne of the many treasures in the Paula Deen magazines. I have my own version of this with strawberries and cream cheese.
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
It's all about that proteinSee More
Parmesan Corn Pudding
Seven-layer Macaroni & Cheese SaladSee More