- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 8 slices cinnamon swirl bread
- 8 oz whipped cream cheese
- 1/4 C sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 C milk
- 2 tsp vanilla, divided
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- powdered sugar
- raspberry jam (optional or your favorite flavor)
- With an electric beater, mix together cream cheese, 1 tsp vanilla and sugar.
- Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, milk, cinnamon and remaining vanilla until well combined.
- Put down 4 slices of cinnamon swirl bread.
- Spread each one with with a quarter of the cream cheese mixture.
- Then spread with raspberry jam (I thought of this while I was eating it. I'll do it next time!)
- Top with remaining slices of cinnamon swirl bread.
- Dip each sandwich into egg mixture.
- Melt a little butter in a skillet.
- Cook sandwiches until golden brown and flip.
- Cook other sides until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and enjoy!
NotesI typically like a nice savory breakfast, but last Sunday, I wanted something sweet. This is what I came up with!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!See More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More