- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI always see recipes for Stuffed figs that involve cooking the heck out of them. I find there is a simple elegance to leaving them raw. And lets face it, it cuts down on prep time and fast appetizers are always a must.
- 6 Mission Figs; Halved
- 6 oz Chevre; Room Temp
- 2 oz Mascarpone; Room temp
- 1 TB Orange blossom honey
- Some interesting salt.. be it Pink, Black, Grey or Plaid
- White Truffle oil
- Balsamic Vinegar (2 leaf )
- 1/4 tsp Mace
- Couple pinches of Cinnamon
- Lemon leaves or other large leaf; washed and dried
- Scoop a small amount of the flesh from the fig halves, creating just a slight indent.
- Sprinkle a few granules of salt into the indent.
- Place a drop or two of each - Truffle oil and balsamic into the indent. (Seriously, it only takes a drop or two)
- In a small bowl, mix Chevre, mascarpone, honey, and spices until well combined.
- Place mixture into a pastry bag with a star tip and pipe mixture into the indent of each fig.
- Line a plate with lemon leaves and arrange fig halves on plate.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Get Real Gal's Guide to Eating CleanSee More
Job Creator Cowboy Beans
Chicken PosoleSee More