- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThank You Corinna (bebeblues) for a great recipe! I've had the recipe saved for a long time and finally made it! What a great way to use up your green peppers from the garden!
We love stuffed peppers so I knew we would love the soup! Everything that's in stuffed peppers but this way it's in a soup! Taste is just like a stuffed pepper from the oven! Quick and easy to make and you don't have to heat up the oven! Great recipe! 2 thumbs up! 5 stars!
- 1½ pounds ground beef (pinched into pieces like small meatballs), browned and drained
- 3 cups large diced green peppers (about 1 inch pieces)
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes (Corinna used 2 cans undiluted tomato soup)
- 2 cans (about 15 ounce each) tomato sauce
- 2½ cups low-sodium beef broth (about two cans, more if you need to thin it out)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup brown sugar (test with 1/4 cup, it depends on how strong green peppers are)
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of beefer upper or a beef bullion cube.
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup uncooked minute rice
- After you've pinched the ground beef into little meatballs, browned and drained off grease, mix all ingredients, except uncooked rice in large pot. Bring to a boil and then add rice and simmer for 30 minutes or until peppers are softened. You may have to add more beef broth or water depending on the consistency you like.