- Cooking Time: 90
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 20
BackstoryThis recipe has always been a favorite in our family and amongst many friends. It is very yummy and very filling. Enjoy!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, thawed
- 1 ham steak
- 1 block cheddar or Colby jack cheese
- 1 package of bacon
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 regular size container sour cream
- First, have your chicken breast completely thawed to ease the stuffing and rolling.
- Cut ham steak into chunks, about 1/4"W x 1"L.
- Slice cheese into similar sized chunks.
- Have many toothpicks out of their box to have easy access.
- Begin by placing one piece each of cheese and ham in the center of one chicken breast.
- Then, roll chicken breast by starting at large end, making sure cheese and ham stay inside.
- Next, take one piece of bacon and wrap it around the chicken breast and secure it in place with toothpicks.
- Place each chicken breast into a casserole dish.
- In seperate bowl mix cream of mushroom, cream of chicken and sour cream together.
- After fully mixed pour mixture over chicken.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 1.5 hours or until chicken is thoroughly cooked and sauce is bubbling.
- We tend to serve this over rice.
- Warn your guests of the toothpicks to keep from biting into one!