- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryOne of these with salad and sliced tomatoes makes a great meal.
Takes about 45 minutes from in the door to on the table.
- 4 Knockwurst all beef weiners (regular hotdogs are ok too)
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (leftovers are fine)
- 1/2 Cup minced onion
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 4 slices bacon
- 4 slices cheese - your favorite - I like baby swiss or horseradish cheddar
- Preheat oven to 375'
- Line a cookie sheet with Reynolds parchment paper for easy clean up.
- Heat dogs in water
- Cook the bacon and drain it on toweling
- Mix together potatoes, onion and parsley and heat them in the microwave.
- Split dogs lengthwise so they hinge open
- Fill each dog with 1/4 of the potato mixture
- Top the potatoes with a slice of bacon
- Top the bacon with a slice of cheese
- Bake 10-12 minutes till cheese is melted.