- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 lb. med. size mushrooms
- 4 tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1/2 c. finely chopped green onion
- 3 tbsp. bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp. dried parsley flakes
- Clean mushrooms and separate caps and stems. Arrange caps hollow-side-up in a single layer in a 9x13x2 inch oblong baking dish. Set aside.
- Dice mushroom stems finely. Combine with butter and green onion in a 1-quart glass casserole. Microwave, uncovered, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until onion is tender, stirring twice.
- Add bread crumbs and parsley flakes. Set aside.
- Cover mushroom caps and microwave for 2 to 3 minutes, or until nearly cooked, rotating the dish half turn after the first minute.
- Stuff each cap with some of the bread crumb mixture.
- Cover and microwave for 2 minutes, or until hot.
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Thanksgiving With The Singing Vegan
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More