- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 12 whole fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Clean mushrooms with a damp paper towel.
- Carefully break off stems.
- Chop stems extremely fine, discarding tough end of stems.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and chopped mushroom stems to the skillet.
- Fry until any moisture has disappeared, taking care not to burn garlic.
- Set aside to cool.
- When garlic and mushroom mixture is no longer hot, stir in cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, black pepper, onion powder and cayenne pepper. Mixture should be very thick.
- Using a little spoon, fill each mushroom cap with a generous amount of stuffing.
- Arrange the mushroom caps on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the mushrooms are piping hot and liquid starts to form under caps.
- Tips:I used Paprika instead of Cheyenne because I didn't have any. I also added about 2 tablespoons on fresh shredded Parmesan.
NotesI have been searching for the perfect stuffed mushroom recipe forever. This is a must try!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!See More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More