- Cooking Time: 15 min
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryWhen I was traveling across the country, I asked people to share their recipes with me, when we had dinners together at the campsites. This one is soooo good, that's if you love mushrooms.
- 1 -1/2 lbs. fresh mushrooms
- 6 slices bacon, diced and sauteed
- 2 tbsp. green pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 3 oz. cream cheese
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Wash and drain mushrooms and gently remove and dice stems.
- Saute diced bacon and drain on paper towels.
- Saute diced stems, peppers and onion in bacon drippings.
- Combine with crumbled bacon, softened cream cheese, salt and worcestershire sauce.
- Melt butter in pan and add breadcrumbs.
- Brown crumbs in pan and add to other ingredients.
- Stuf mushroom caps and bake at 357 for 15 min., serve hot