- Cooking Time: 35
- Preparation Time: 8
- 8-12 large button mushrooms
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- 1/8 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- Olive oil
- Clean mushrooms and remove the stems, keeping them aside.
- Brush mushrooms lightly with olive oil to prevent sticking and place stem side up on a cookie sheet.
- Mince the stems and mix in with the breadcrumbs, parmesan, parsley, pepper, and thyme.
- A food processor works well to mix and chop everything all at once.
- Spoon the filling into mushrooms so they are heaped, but not packed.
- If desired, sprinkle the tops with additional parmesan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and the filling is golden brown.
NotesThese are an easy to make, tasty appetizer that goes well with just about any entrée.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More