- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 24 mushrooms -- medium
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1/4 cup onion; chopped -- 1 medium
- 2 tablespoons white wine -- dry
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs -- dry
- 1/4 cup cooked smoked ham -- fine chop
- 2 tablespoons parsley -- snipped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 clove garlic -- finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves -- dried
- 1 dash pepper
- 1/2 cup cheese; finely shredded -- *
- * Use Montery Jack Cheese in this recipe.
- Cut stems from mushrooms; finely chop enough stems to measure 1/4 cup. Heat margarine in 10-inch skillet just until bubbly. Place mushroom caps, topsides down, in margarine. Cook uncovered until mushrooms are light brown; remove mushrooms with slotted spoon. Cook and stir onion in same skillet until tender; stir in wine.
- Simmer uncovered 2 minutes. Mix in chopped mushroom stems and remaining ingredients except cheese and mushroom caps; cool slightly. Shape mixture into 24 small balls; place 1 in each mushroom cap. Sprinkle with cheese. Set oven control to broil. Place mushroom caps on rack in broiler pan.
- Broil with tops 3 to 4 inches from heat until cheese is melted, about 3 minutes.
NotesPer Serving (excluding unknown items): 37 Calories; 2g Fat (51.4% calories from fat); 1g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 5mg Cholesterol; 41mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch) ; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!See More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More