- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 24 mushrooms -- medium
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1/4 cup onion; chopped -- 1 medium
- 2 tablespoons white wine -- dry
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs -- dry
- 1/4 cup cooked smoked ham -- fine chop
- 2 tablespoons parsley -- snipped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 clove garlic -- finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves -- dried
- 1 dash pepper
- 1/2 cup cheese; finely shredded -- *
- * Use Montery Jack Cheese in this recipe.
- Cut stems from mushrooms; finely chop enough stems to measure 1/4 cup. Heat margarine in 10-inch skillet just until bubbly. Place mushroom caps, topsides down, in margarine. Cook uncovered until mushrooms are light brown; remove mushrooms with slotted spoon. Cook and stir onion in same skillet until tender; stir in wine.
- Simmer uncovered 2 minutes. Mix in chopped mushroom stems and remaining ingredients except cheese and mushroom caps; cool slightly. Shape mixture into 24 small balls; place 1 in each mushroom cap. Sprinkle with cheese. Set oven control to broil. Place mushroom caps on rack in broiler pan.
- Broil with tops 3 to 4 inches from heat until cheese is melted, about 3 minutes.
NotesPer Serving (excluding unknown items): 37 Calories; 2g Fat (51.4% calories from fat); 1g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 5mg Cholesterol; 41mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch) ; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
My Family Cookbook
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Rainbows Of Vegan LoveSee More
Broiled Salmon with Olive-Tomato Vinaigrette
Peanut and pretzel truffles
Veggie KebabsSee More