- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup of cooked brown rice
- 1 lb ground beef (or chicken)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 head of napa cabbage
- 1 jar tomato basil pasta sauce
- grated parmesan cheese
- Chop off the white core of the napa cabbage.
- Blanch the cabbage leaves and green onions in boiling water until they're pliable, about 10 to 20 seconds.
- In a large bowl, combine the garlic, onions, rice, beef, breadcrumbs and seasonings.
- Mix by hand to fully incorporate.
- Roll a small ball of the mixture in your hand, about the size of your palm.
- Take one leaf of the cabbage and wrap the mixture inside, tucking the sides in and rolling them under, like wrapping a burrito.
- Assemble the stuffed cabbage in shallow baking dish.
- Pour a jar of pasta sauce over the cabbage, covering it completely.
- Fill the dish with water, about halfway up.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for an hour and half.
Notesfound online at some CSA site--I modified to be made with ground chicken for this go round
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
50 Shades of TasteSee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More