- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4--6
- Preparation Time:
- 6 large onions
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 cup chicken stock
- 1 crimini mushroom. chopped
- 2 10-oz. bags fresh spinach. cooked and chopped
- 1 Tbs. brown sugar
- 1 Tbs. vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. Creole seasoning
- Dash Worcestershire
- Cut tops off onions. Scoop out centers of onions. leaving a quarter-inch-thick onion shell. Chop onion centers.
- In a ten-inch skillet. cook bacon until crisp. Remove and crumble. Cook chopped onion in drippings until tender.
- Stir in all the other ingredients and the bacon. Fill onion shells with spinach mixture. Arrange stuffed onions in a two-quart. shallow baking dish. Spoon remaining spinach mixture around onions. Cover with foil. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. or until onion shells are tender but not falling apart.
- Serves four.
Amsterdam Friends Cookbook
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & SmoothiesSee More
Fojos (Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Ancho Chili and Whipped Cream)
Crab And Shrimp Pasta
Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Balls (Truffles)See More