- Cooking Time: 20-25 minutes
- Preparation Time:
- 16 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 1/2 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. fennel seed
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion,chopped ( 1/2 cup )
- 4 cloves garlic,finely chopped
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup fat-free egg product
- 2 cups tomato pasta sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 350.
- Cook and drain pasta as directed on package, omitting salt.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook turkey, Italian seasoning, fennel, salt and pepper over medium heat 8-10 minutes,stir occasionally, until turkey is no longer pink.
- Remove turkey mixture from skillet.
- In same skillet, cook mushrooms, onion,and garlic over medium heat 6-8 minutes, stir occasionally, until vegetables are tender.
- Stir turkey mixture, cottage cheese and egg product into mushroom mixture.
- Spray 13X9-inch (3 quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spoon about 1 tbsp.turkey mixture into each pasta shell.
- Place in baking dish.
- Spoon pasta sauce over shells.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until hot.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
NotesThought I would post a few healthy meals...I am a country girl and it is kinda like Paula says...I can't get enough "butter"... ;-)
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Salted Caramel - Sauce and/or squares
All the food groups in one dish...if you consider tomatoes a fruit :)!
Hanky PankySee More