- Cooking Time: 20-25 minutes
- Preparation Time:
- 16 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 1/2 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. fennel seed
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion,chopped ( 1/2 cup )
- 4 cloves garlic,finely chopped
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup fat-free egg product
- 2 cups tomato pasta sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 350.
- Cook and drain pasta as directed on package, omitting salt.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook turkey, Italian seasoning, fennel, salt and pepper over medium heat 8-10 minutes,stir occasionally, until turkey is no longer pink.
- Remove turkey mixture from skillet.
- In same skillet, cook mushrooms, onion,and garlic over medium heat 6-8 minutes, stir occasionally, until vegetables are tender.
- Stir turkey mixture, cottage cheese and egg product into mushroom mixture.
- Spray 13X9-inch (3 quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spoon about 1 tbsp.turkey mixture into each pasta shell.
- Place in baking dish.
- Spoon pasta sauce over shells.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until hot.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
NotesThought I would post a few healthy meals...I am a country girl and it is kinda like Paula says...I can't get enough "butter"... ;-)
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Breads and Pastry 101
Watt's Cooking in PA?See More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More