- Cooking Time: 12 minutes
- Servings: 28 stuffed peppers
- Preparation Time: 40 minutes
- 3 slices of bacon, finely chopped
- 2 shallots, minced (1/4 cup)
- 1/2 medium red pepper, minced about 1/3 cup
- 1 3 oz. package cream cheese
- 2 tsp. milk
- 2 jars (9 to 10 oz each) pepperoncini, drained (about 28 peppers)
In a non stick 10 inch skillet, cook bacon until brown.
Drain bacon on paper towel. Discard all but 1 T. of bacon drippings.
In bacon drippings, cook shallots and red pepper over medium heat till tender.
In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and milk, with mixer till smooth.
Add bacon and shallot mixture and beat until just combined.
Spoon cream cheese mixture into a heavyweight blastic bag with the tip cut off or in a plastic pastry bag with star tip.
With a small knife, cut a slit lengthwise in each pepper, being careful not to cut all the way through.
Pipe the filling into each pepper.
Cover and refrigerate up to one day if needed.
Let stand 1 hour at room temperature before serving.
Sprinkle with paprika right before serving.