- Cooking Time: 12 minutes
- Servings: 28 stuffed peppers
- Preparation Time: 40 minutes
- 3 slices of bacon, finely chopped
- 2 shallots, minced (1/4 cup)
- 1/2 medium red pepper, minced about 1/3 cup
- 1 3 oz. package cream cheese
- 2 tsp. milk
- 2 jars (9 to 10 oz each) pepperoncini, drained (about 28 peppers)
- In a non stick 10 inch skillet, cook bacon until brown.
- Drain bacon on paper towel. Discard all but 1 T. of bacon drippings.
- In bacon drippings, cook shallots and red pepper over medium heat till tender.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and milk, with mixer till smooth.
- Add bacon and shallot mixture and beat until just combined.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture into a heavyweight blastic bag with the tip cut off or in a plastic pastry bag with star tip.
- With a small knife, cut a slit lengthwise in each pepper, being careful not to cut all the way through.
- Pipe the filling into each pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate up to one day if needed.
- Let stand 1 hour at room temperature before serving.
- Sprinkle with paprika right before serving.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Nick's PicksSee More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More