Stuffed Peppers Mole
* 4 small or 2 large sweet peppers
* 1 8.8 oz. pouch cooked Spanish-style rice or long grain & wild rice
* 10 to 12 oz. cooked ground beef crumbles, or 2 cups cooked ground beef
* 1/2 cup frozen whole kernel corn
* 3 Tbsp. purchased mole sauce*
* 2 Tbsp. water
* 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend or shredded cheddar cheese (2 oz.)
* Salt and ground black pepper
* 2 Tbsp. snipped fresh cilantro
1. Cut tops off small peppers or halve large peppers lengthwise. Remove membranes and seeds. In a 4-quart Dutch oven immerse peppers in boiling water for 3 minutes. Remove; drain peppers, cut sides down, on paper towels.
2. For filling, in a saucepan combine rice, beef, corn, mole sauce, and water. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat until heated through, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in cheese. Place peppers, cut sides up, on platter. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Spoon filling into peppers. Sprinkle with cilantro. Makes 4 servings.
*If you can't find mole sauce, substitute 1/4 cup enchilada sauce and omit the 2 tablespoons water.