- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1/2 c. diced onion
- 1/2 c. diced carrot
- 1/2 c. diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 c. diced green bell pepper
- 1 t. oregano
- 1/8 t. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 lb. ground turkey, browned and drained of grease
- 2 medium to large green bell peppers, seeded
- 1 c. salsa
- 1 c. cooked quinoa*
- 1/4 to 1/2 c. shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 375. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium head. Add diced vegetables, garlic and herbs to cook, stirring often, until vegetables begin to soften. Add quinoa and turkey and cook, stirring. Add salt and pepper and salsa. Remove from heat.
- Partially cook peppers by steaming them in microwave for 2-3 minutes in a covered dish with 2 tablespoons of water.
- Fill peppers with quinoa mixture; place in a baking dish and cover loosely with foil and bake until peppers are tender, 20 minutes. Top with cheese and bake another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with tortillas.
NotesAfter looking for the perfect recipe for this, I made one up using what I wanted included. They turned out great!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Camp Nubar Baking Class
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More