- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 medium green peppers
- 1 pound hamburger
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 small garlic clove (chopped)
- 1 14 1/2 oz can tomatoes (undrained)
- 1/3 cup long grain rice (uncooked)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbl Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Cut off top of peppers and remove stem ends, seeds and membrane. Immerse peppers into boiling water for 3 minutes. Sprinkle salt to the inside and drain on paper towel.
- Cook meat, garlic and onion in frying pan. Add 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper if desired. Cook till brown and tender. Drain fat. Stir in all ingredients except cheese. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat and cover. Simmer for 20 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup cheese. Place peppers in baking dish. Fill peppers with meat mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes in a 375 degree oven. Place pepper on serving platter and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Cooking for a family in Korea: notes of an ex-pat wife
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Austin Personal Training RecipesSee More
Pineapple Banana Punch
Triple Chocolate Bundt CakeSee More