- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 medium green peppers
- 1 pound hamburger
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 small garlic clove (chopped)
- 1 14 1/2 oz can tomatoes (undrained)
- 1/3 cup long grain rice (uncooked)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbl Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Cut off top of peppers and remove stem ends, seeds and membrane. Immerse peppers into boiling water for 3 minutes. Sprinkle salt to the inside and drain on paper towel.
- Cook meat, garlic and onion in frying pan. Add 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper if desired. Cook till brown and tender. Drain fat. Stir in all ingredients except cheese. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat and cover. Simmer for 20 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup cheese. Place peppers in baking dish. Fill peppers with meat mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes in a 375 degree oven. Place pepper on serving platter and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Short & Sweet
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More