- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 Whole Peppers (my favorite are the orange or yellow, but green and red will do as well)
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 2 cups cooked white rice\
- 6 mushrooms (chopped)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 tbsp of oil
- 1/4 tsp. paprika or cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- salt/pepper to taste
- 28 oz can of tomato puree or crushed tomatoes (depends what texture you prefer)
- 1/4 cup water
- Cut the top of the pepper and clean out the insides.
- Heat the oil in a skillet. Add the onions and mushrooms and cook until softened.
- Add the ground beef and brown it thoroughly (break it up as it cooks so that it is crumbly).
- Add the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika.
- Add the rice and combine all the ingredients.
- Fill the peppers with the mixture.
- Arrange the peppers in a crock-pot.
- Pour the tomato puree and water around the peppers.
- Cook in the crock-pot on low for 5 hours or on high for 3 hours.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
$30 Wine+Food Pairings
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of CookingSee More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More