- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 large bell peppers
- scant 2 cups Vegetable Stock
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped (I used frozen)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, diced (I used the shredded variety)
- salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 3.5 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
- scant 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375F. Cut peppers in half lengthwise and seed. Blanch in boiling water for 5 minutes. Remove and drain upside down.
- Pour stock into pan, add rice, bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, reserve, covered, for 5 minutes and then drain. Hat oil in skillet, add onion, cook, stir, for 5 minutes, or until soft.
- Add garlic, mushrooms, tomatoes and carrot and season to taste. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir the rice, parsley and goat cheese and pine nuts into veggie mixture. Place peppers half side up in baking dish. Spoon mixture into peppers and sprinkle with parm. Cheese and bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
MidLife Road Trip's
The Naked MacaronSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More