- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15
BackstoryThis recipe is easy to make and easily adapted to small or large portions. It freezes well. You can mix it up with different kinds of ground meat, rice and peppers. Peppers can be used whole or cut in half.
- 4 medium green peppers (or red, orange, yellow, etc.)
- 1 lb lean ground beef (or turkey, etc.)
- 1 can tomato soup (10 3/4 oz)
- 3/4 cup minute rice (white or brown)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup water
- Wash peppers and cut off the tops, remove all seeds and fibers. Place peppers in a casserole dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray. In a large skillet, brown ground beef adding 1/2 tsp salt. Drain fat from cooked ground beef with a spoon and add the can of soup, water and rice. Stir and cook for 10 minutes. Spoon beef and rice mixture into the green peppers. Cover the casserole dish with lid or foil and bake 45 minutes in 350 degree oven. Remove foil and continue baking for 15 additional minutes.