- Cooking Time: 120
- Servings: 8-12
- Preparation Time: 30
- 4-6 medium green peppers, uniform in size that will fit together snuggly
- 2 tbsp bread crumbs
- 2 heaped tbsp each of chopped onion, celery, carrots.
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 pound of ground beef or left over ground from pork, chicken, or lamb
- 1/4 c. of frozen peas or left over
- 1/2 c. tomatoes or more according to preference
- 1 c. cooked rice
- 1/3 c. of beef or chicken bouillon
- 1/4 lb diced Cheddar cheese
- Set oven to 350 about 10 minutes before baking. Heating the filling mixture before baking reduces time in over
- With kitchen scissors remove see, core and cut across the top of the peppers. Save the tops for tops. Wash carefully. Fit peppers in snuggly. Dots of butter on each pepper. Mix, heat and fill peppers. Put caps on pepper, crumble sheets of foil over top of . bake for 1-2 hrs. Keep 1/2 of water in casserole from time to time. Watch moisture,. Bake at 325 If you put more filling than you need, put the excess around the peppers. One large peppers served two, one small pepper serves one.
NotesMy mom used to make it for when I was little.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
Cooking for a CureSee More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce