- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1/3 c. chopped pepperoni
- 1/3 c. pizza sauce
- 2 tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese
- 6 kaiser buns
- 2 tbsp. pizza sauce
- Prepare & heat grill. Combine ground beef, italian seasoning, & salt in large bowl & mix gently. Form into 12 thin patties.
- Combine pepperoni, 1/3 c. pizza sauce, and parmesan cheese in a small bowl. Divide among 6 patties within 1/2-inch of patty edges. Top with remaining patties and press edges to seal.
- Grill patties 4-6-inches from medium coals for 10-15 minutes until meat is thoroughly cooked, turning once.
- Top each burger with a slice of cheese, & remaining pizza sauce. Grill buns & let cheese melt for 1-2 minutes, then serve burgers on buns.
NotesI found this recipe on the net while searching earlier. I haven't been able to try it yet, but thought it sounded really good. So, if you get to try it before me, let me know how it turns out!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Poblano Macaroni and Cheese
Betty Crocker Raspberry-Lemon Fruit Dip
The Barefoot Contessas Pan Fried Onion DipSee More