- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI found this recipe on the net while searching earlier. I haven't been able to try it yet, but thought it sounded really good. So, if you get to try it before me, let me know how it turns out!
- 2 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1/3 c. chopped pepperoni
- 1/3 c. pizza sauce
- 2 tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese
- 6 kaiser buns
- 2 tbsp. pizza sauce
- Prepare & heat grill. Combine ground beef, italian seasoning, & salt in large bowl & mix gently. Form into 12 thin patties.
- Combine pepperoni, 1/3 c. pizza sauce, and parmesan cheese in a small bowl. Divide among 6 patties within 1/2-inch of patty edges. Top with remaining patties and press edges to seal.
- Grill patties 4-6-inches from medium coals for 10-15 minutes until meat is thoroughly cooked, turning once.
- Top each burger with a slice of cheese, & remaining pizza sauce. Grill buns & let cheese melt for 1-2 minutes, then serve burgers on buns.