- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 Poblano peppers
- 1 (14oz) container reduced fat firm Tofu
- 11/2 cups fatfree sour cream
- 1/2 salsa verde
- 3/4 cup reduced fat shredded monterey jack cheese- also good with Hot Jack cheese
- Bring to boil a large pot of water.
- Cut chiles in half lengthwise and remove seeds and ribs.
- Boil the chilies for 5 minutes or until slightly softened.
- Drain in a colander and let cool
- Drain tofu and squeeze as nuch moisture as you can from it. In a medium bowl break up tofu into bite size pieces with your fingers or fork. Stir in 1/2 cup sour cream and salsa verde.
- Preheat oven to 350
- Coat 1 cup of sour cream over bottom of a 9x13 inch baking pan. place chilies cut side up, on the sour cream divide tofu among chilies and cover with shredded cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes. If cheese is not golden brown and bubbly put in the broiler for 3 to 5 minutes
NotesAlso from Clean eating magazine
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Curried Wheat Bread
Chicken Fried Steak (TNT)
BRIE AND PROSCIUTTO FILLED CHILE RELLENOS ON A BED OF FIGS AND ARUGULASee More