Stuffed Portobella Mushrooms
Why I Love This Recipe
I wanted to make a vegetarian meal and this recipe sounded perfect. However, the store only had the baby Portobello's and I forgot to buy mozzarella cheese. The result turned into a great appetizer!
Ingredients You'll Need
4 (6-inch) Portobello mushrooms, stems removed (miniature mushrooms work as well)
1 cup chopped red tomato
1 cup chopped yellow tomato
1 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (or feta)
1/4 cup fresh chives
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Preheat broiler
2. remove brown gills from underside of mushrooms using a spoon; discard gills.
3. Place mushrooms smooth side up on a foil-lined baking sheet coated with cooking spray
4. Broil mushrooms for 5 minutes
5. while mushrooms broil, combine tomatoes, panko, cheese, and chives
6. Turn mushrooms over and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Divide tomato mixture evenly into mushrooms.
7. Broil for 5 more minutes